Last Updated: 07/28/2020
- - How and what type of personal information we collect and use
- When and with whom we share your personal information
- What choices you can make about how we collect, use, and share your personal information
2. What personal information do we collect and use, and how do we collect it?
We collect personal information when:
- - You give us the information
- We collect it automatically
When you create an account on our site, sign up to receive offers or information, or make a booking using our platform, you give us your personal information. We also collect such information through automated technology such as cookies placed on your browser, with your consent where applicable or when you visit our site.
3. How is your personal information shared?
4. What are your rights and choices?
5. How to contact us
Black Ball Ferry Line
820 NE 45th Street, Suite 3
Seattle, WA 98105
Table of Contents
*Click on a title to scroll to its correlated section
1. Categories of Personal Information We Collect
When you use our platform or associated tools or services, we may collect the following kinds of personal information from you as needed:
- - Name, email address, telephone number, and home and/or billing address
- Government issued Identification required for booking international travel, such as passport or enhanced driver’s license
- Payment information such as credit card number, expiration date, and billing address
- Travel-related preferences and requests such as accommodation types and accessibility needs, as available
- Birth date
- Communications with us (such as recordings of calls with customer service representatives for quality assurance and training purposes)
- Transactions conducted through our platform
2. Permissions for Location-Based Services
We use your personal information only for various purposes described below:
Your Use of Our Website:
- - Book requested travel with our hotel and attraction partners
- Provide services related to the booking and/or account
- Create, maintain, and update user accounts on our platform
- Maintain your travel history, accommodation and travel preferences for your future bookings with us
- Enable and facilitate acceptance and processing of payments and refunds
- Help you to use our services faster and easier through features like the ability to sign-in using your account on our website
Communications and Marketing:
- - Respond to your questions, requests for information, and process information choices
- Enable communication between you and our hotel and attraction partners
- Market our products and services, optimize such marketing to be more relevant to you, and measure and analyze the effectiveness of our marketing and promotions
- Administer promotions like contests, sweepstakes, and similar giveaways
Other Business Purposes and Compliance:
- - Conduct market research and data analytics
- Maintain, improve, research, and measure the effectiveness of our website and services
- Promote security, verify identity of our customers, prevent and investigate fraud and unauthorized activities, defend against claims and other liabilities, and manage other risks
- Comply with applicable laws, protect our and our users’ rights and interest, defend ourselves, and respond to law enforcement, other legal authorities, and requests that are part of a legal process
- Comply with applicable security and anti-terrorism, anti-bribery, customs and immigration, and other such due diligence laws and requirements
- Operate our business using lawful business purposes and as permitted by law
3. Sharing of Personal Information
We share your personal information as described below, and as permitted by applicable law.
Third-party service providers. We share personal information with third-parties in connection with the delivery of services to you and the operation of our business (for example, to provide credit card processing, customer service, business analytics, and fraud prevention and compliance services, and to serve you with advertising tailored to your interests). These third-party service providers are required to protect personal information we share with them and may not use any directly identifying personal information other than to provide services we contracted them for. They are not allowed to use the personal information we share for purposes of their own direct marketing (unless you have separately consented with the third-party under the terms provided by the third-party).
Travel suppliers. We share personal information with travel-related suppliers such as hotels, Enterprise car rentals, and attraction providers, who fulfill your booking. Please note that travel suppliers may contact you to obtain additional information if and as required to facilitate your booking or to otherwise provide the travel or associated services.
Legal rights and obligations. We may disclose your personal information to enforce our policies, or where we are permitted (or believe in good faith that we are required) to do so by applicable law, such as in response to a request by a law enforcement or governmental authority, in connection with actual or proposed litigation, or to protect and defend our property, people and other rights or interests. We may also share your personal information pursuant to a subpoena or other legal request, or as necessary to remit certain taxes in the course of processing payments as required by law or legal process.
4. Your Rights and Choices
You have certain rights and choices with respect to your personal information, as described below:
- - You can control our use of certain cookies on your web browser
- You can update the accuracy of your information at any time by either logging into your account or contacting us
- If you no longer wish to receive marketing and promotional emails, you may unsubscribe by clicking the ‘unsubscribe’ link in an email. Please note that if you choose to unsubscribe from or opt out of marketing emails, we may still send you important transactional and account-related messages from which you will not be able to unsubscribe
- If we are processing your personal information on the basis of consent, you may withdraw that consent at any time by contacting us. Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing that occurred before you withdrew consent and it will not affect our processing of your personal information that is conducted in reliance on a legal basis other than consent
For questions about privacy and your rights and choices, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
5. International Data Transfer
The personal information we process may be transmitted or transferred to countries other than the country in which you reside. Those countries may have data protection laws that are different from the laws of your country.
The servers for our platform are located in the United States, and third-party service providers may operate in other countries around the world. When we collect your personal information, we may process it in any of those countries.
We also require that third-party service providers to whom a data transfer is made has appropriate safeguards in place to protect your personal information, in compliance with applicable data protection law.
We want you to feel confident about using our platform and all associated tools and services, and we are committed to taking appropriate steps to protect the information we collect. While no company can guarantee absolute security, we do take reasonable steps to implement appropriate physical, technical, and organizational measures to protect the personal information that we collect and process.
7. Record Retention
The criteria we use to determine our retention periods include:
- - The duration of our relationship with you, including any open accounts you may have with us, or recent bookings or other transactions you have made on our platform
- Whether we have a legal obligation related to your personal information, such as laws requiring us to keep records of your transactions with us
- Whether there are any current and relevant legal obligations affecting how long we will keep your personal information, including contractual obligations, litigation holds, statutes of limitations, and regulatory investigations
1. What are Cookies
Cookies are small pieces of text sent as files to your computer or mobile device when you visit most websites. Cookies may be delivered by us (first party cookies) or delivered by a third-party partner or supplier (third-party cookies). Cookies are either session cookies or persistent cookies. Session cookies enable sites to recognize and link the actions of a user during a browsing session and expire at the end of each session. Persistent cookies help us recognize you as an existing user and these cookies are stored on your system or device until they expire, although you can delete them before the expiration date.
- - Help us improve your experience when visiting our sites
- Fulfill transactions and ensure our sites perform as intended
- Remember your preferences, such as language, region, or currency
- Provide you with relevant advertising and analyze performance of the ads
- Enable you to return to previous travel searches
- Identify errors on our sites
- Help with data protection and potentially detect and investigate malicious or fraudulent activity
- Help us understand traffic to our site, including time and date of the visit, time and date of the last visit, and other information
- Analyze how well our sites are performing
3. Types of Information Collected by Cookies
- - IP address
- Device ID
- Viewed pages
- Browser type
- Browsing information
- Operating system
- Internet Service Provider
- Whether you have responded to, or interacted with, an advertisement
- Referring or referred links or URLs
- Features used and activities engaged in on our sites and in our apps
4. Your Information Choices
You can choose not to receive tailored online advertising on this site and other sites and learn more about opting out of having your information used for tailored advertising purposes by accessing one of the following resources:
- - For Canada: http://youradchoices.ca/choices/
- For U.S. and rest of world:
Note that if you choose not to receive tailored ads, you will still see online advertisements, but they will be general and less relevant to you.
5. How to manage your cookies
If you have any questions or concerns about our use of your personal information, please contact us:
Black Ball Ferry Line
820 NE 45th Street, Suite 3
Seattle, WA 98105