We have picked 19 our favorite entries to the $149 Trip Challenge Victoria Edition. Each contestant has been selected by a panel of judges based on their video submission explaining the strategies they use to save money on vacation.... Their challenge? Spend only $149 USD per person on an overnight trip to Victoria!
$149 victoria challenge RULES
Contestants had to book the following through Black Ball Ferry Line for a stay between the dates of March 1 - April 30, 2017:
- Round-trip walk-on ferry fare for 2 people on the MV COHO departing from Port Angeles at 8:20am, and return the next day from Victoria at 10:30am
- A 1-night hotel stay in Victoria
- Tickets for 2 people to at least one attraction in Victoria
After contestants booked their package, we converted their remaining budget into Canadian funds to spend on all meals, transportation in Victoria, and any additional purchases in Victoria. After their trip, each duo had to submit a recap of their challenge experience in a blog-style summary, photos or video, along with an Expenses Tracker to show how they spent their money.
VOTE FOR YOUR FAVORITE TRIP AND WIN IT!*
*Vacation Package Includes:
- Round-trip walk-on ferry fare for 2 people on the MV COHO between Port Angeles, WA and Victoria, BC
- A 1-night stay at the hotel from the trip you voted on
- 2 tickets to the attraction from the trip you voted on
CONTEST IS NOW CLOSED
Contest is open until May 27, 2017. The winners will be announced May 29, 2017.
See what each team did while they were in Victoria and how they made the most of their $149 per person budget! Then, vote for your favorite for a CHANCE TO WIN THEIR VACATION PACKAGE*!
WHO CAN DO THE MOST WITHOUT BREAKING THE BANK?